What You'll Need
- 1 lb of pasta
- 3 heads of fresh corn
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb of fresh mozzarella
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
What You'll Do
- In a large pot, bring extremely salty water to boil.
- In a smaller pot or large pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 6 cloves of crushed garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Set the burner to medium and get the garlic nice and brown.
- Add pasta to a pot of boiling water, and cook according to package instructions until al dente.
- Grab your corn cobs and a bowl. Using a sharp knife, cut along the long side of the cob, releasing all the kernels into the bowl. Next, cut your tomatoes in half lengthwise and add to the bowl. Add corn kernels and tomatoes to your pot with the browned garlic. Stir to combine over medium heat for just a few minutes, slightly warming through the corn and tomatoes while keeping them fresh and crisp.
- Drain your pasta and add it to the pot with corn and tomatoes. Stir until pasta is coated. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Remove the pot from stove. Add in the cubed mozzarella and torn basil leaves and stir. Put the cover on the pot and let the mozzarella melt a bit, then give everything one last stir! Serve immediately and enjoy!