What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups of Basil Almond Pesto or store-bought pesto
- 1 12oz box of pastina, or any small pasta like orzo or acini di pepe
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and diced cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups of diced fennel plus any chopped fronds
- 1 1/2 cups minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups of minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
What You'll Do
- Bring a pot of well-salted water to boil. When the water is boiling, add pastina and cook according to package instructions. This will ensure al dente pasta.
- Drain the pastina in a fine mesh strainer and pour into a large serving bowl. Stir pastina for 30 seconds to release some steam and help cool. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss into pastina. Now we can start adding our vegetables into the pastina. Place 1½ cups of cucumber, 1½ cups fennel, chopped fennel fronds, 1½ cups parsley, 1½ cups basil, 1½ cups of sun dried tomatoes, and 1½ cups of pesto into the bowl. Stir until well combined.
- To make the dressing, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon of dried oregano into a small bowl (or the pesto jar, if using store bought) and mix until combined. Pour over top of the pastina and vegetables. Give your pastina pesto a thorough tossing. Taste and adjust flavoring, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Eat warm or refrigerate until ready to serve! Enjoy!