Hi, guest appearance by Dan’s assistant, Morgan, here. Struck by hunger, I whipped up this festive mayo based salad for Grossy and Gus on a weekday in April. Always one to put tuna salad on a pedestal, I knew I had to make this one shine. Fresh herbs, cucumber, and whole gherkins give this spread a star quality that makes the sun dim. If you don’t want sad tuna salad, this is the recipe for you! Best on a toasted baguette with cheese and mayo, but also eaten directly off the spoon. This recipe makes extra, because why make just enough when you could eat it for every meal!
Watch me make this recipe here.Print
What You’ll Need
- 4 4.94 oz cans of tuna*
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped gherkins/cornichons
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 teaspoon Coleman’s mustard (or your fave mustard)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *If you don’t like tuna, use chicken! Vegetarian? Use smashed chickpeas!
What You’ll Do
- Mix everything together in a bowl until well combined. Keep extra in the fridge.
- If you want the full sandwich pictured above, here’s what’s on the baguette:
- Melted cheddar
- More mayo
- Drizzle of honey
- Whole gherkins/cornichons