I had the best time making these eggs on the Food Network Series “Crack An Egg With…” You can watch me making them here. Please note the lack of measurements! Really we just scramble some cottage cheese into our eggs with some spices and fresh herbs then make a nice stacked toast with whatever you have around! It’s a real Live, Laugh, Love moment!Print
What You’ll Need
- 1/4th cup of olive oil
- 2 slices of bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- crank of pepper
- pinch chili flakes
What You’ll Do
- Heat up the olive oil in a flying pan. Take 2 slices of bread and coat each side in the oil by rubbing them around the pan. Let the bread brown on each side until as crispy and golden as you like.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cottage cheese, pepper, and chili flakes until combined.
- Remove your bread to a breakfast plate and add the egg mixture to the already hot pan.
- Scramble to your hearts content and then remove from the heat, but make sure the cheese is nice and melty.
- Feel free to pair your cottage cheese scrambled eggs with arugula, prosciutto, or parmesan cheese – and any other toppings that make your heart sing!