Large dollops of ricotta cheese plopped on top of Grossy’s Vodka Sawced pasta and broiled on high until devilishly crisp and creamy. THIS is Cheesy Baked Vodka Sawce. Please prepare my eulogy, I am posting from the other side…Print
What You’ll Need
- Grossy’s Vodka Sawce
- 1 lb Pasta, anything other than a noodle works great here
- 1 lb Full fat ricotta cheese, now is not the time to be “healthy”
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
What You’ll Do
- Hello! Welcome to my “recipe”. So many of you have got so excited about this version of my Vodka Sawce that I figured it was worth putting her into her own recipe post. After all, she is a strong, independent woman!
- A few things before we get started:
The result of this baked pasta will change the texture of the Vodka Sawce that you know, and that’s a good thing. The sawce is absorbed into the noodle here, created a rich flavor that is truly next level. Gone is that gloss you know and love, but you get all that moisture and more back with that perfectly melted ricotta.
I tried several different cheeses here, and ricotta was the winner for me. I highly recommend using it, but also go ahead and try other cheeses if they delight you! I’m sticking with ricotta for this one!
DO NOT MIX the ricotta into the sawce. Yes, I tried this too. The globs of ricotta was the winner here! The way they crisp up on the outside and then absolutely oooooooze creamy melty ricotta when you break them is just beyond fucked up 🙂
YES you can make dairy-free Vodka Sawce, check the OG recipe. But also if you are vegan and reading this…you in danger girl!
Ok lets, do this step-by-step, in literally 3 steps:
Make It Step By Step With Me:
1. We start this journey at the of Grossy’s Vodka Sawce recipe. Place your sawced pasta in any baking dish you like.
Here is a link to the pasta I am using.
2. Scoop sizable globs of fresh ricotta cheese into your pasta, tucking them slightly into the pasta.
3. I like to sprinkle extra red pepper flakes on top, for extra heat and visual drama!
Place in broiler (on high) until the cheese and pasta are as crispy as you like. Broilers act quick, so keep an eye on her!
4. There is our girl! She’s truly a legend on her own. A queen from the House of Sawce.
Please take your spoon and break open a ricotta dollop with each serving. The melty ricotta mixed with your sawcy baked noodles is the perfect combo.
Oh and that gorgeous oven mitt is from the brilliant Krista Marie Young.