This Corn, Broccoli and Cheddar Casserole is my family’s favorite holiday side dish turned up a notch with addition of cheddar cheese. Unbelievably cheesy, creamy, and crunchy – It’s the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving table! Move over mashed potatoes, there’s a new girl in town!Print
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups corn kernels*
- 2 cups broccoli, finely chopped*
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 1 8 ounce bag of Shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup of butter crackers, crushed
What You’ll Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8×8 or 9×9 square or 10×6 oval baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of corn kernels, 2 cups of broccoli, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour, 1 cup of whole milk, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, ¼ cup of minced onion, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, 1 cup cheese and ½ crushed butter crackers. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the dish and spread evenly.
- Pour the remaining ½ cup of crushed butter crackers, the remaining 1 cup of cheese and the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter into a bowl and combine. Sprinkle evenly on top of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes until nicely browned on top. Serve warm.
*Frozen broccoli and corn can be used in this recipe, just defrost fully and remove any extra liquid before incorporating into the recipe.